Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, model number S7500, received S7500XXLH3 Android 2.3.6 official firmware update in Germany. With this S7500XXLH3 firmware upgrade the single-core 1GHz processor powered Galaxy ACE Plus will be more secured and will offer better performance. We don’t have any changelog of it but like we always said, you should upgrade your device whenever you received an official firmware unless you are an advance user and know what you are doing. The official firmware are also very good for unroot devices as well as useful to fix bricks that happened because you messed with a custom update.
The latest Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread build S7500XXLH3 originally rolled out for consumers in Germany but you can use it too if you living other part of the world. All you required to do, change the default language to your native language after the installation process (path: Settings >> Locale and text).
This firmware and the guide below are compatible only and only with Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 variant. It’s not compatible with other Galaxy Ace Plus variants or with any other device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone.
This official firmware update S7500XXLH3 is rolled out for Switzerland S7500 users. If you finding difficulties while updating your device through OTA (over-the-air) updates, then here is another way: manually flashing the update through Odin3. However, in this process you will lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. You should follow this guide carefully to properly backup your data that you can restore later.
Android 2.3.6 XXLH3 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing this official firmware update on Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 variant. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
If you follow everything that we mentioned above, you are ready to move into next stage of this guide where we summed up detail instruction on how to flash GB S7500XXLH3 Android 2.3.6 official firmware update for Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500.
File Required (Download by clicking on it)
How to update Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 to GB S7500XXLH3 Android 2.3.6 Official Firmware
- Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded already from above link, you will get a .tar file and some other files.
- Now extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v1.85.exe and Odin3.ini under extracted folder.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 phone in Download Mode by pressing pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button until you are welcomed by a green robot indicating you are in Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v1.85.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 with your PC using USB cable. A massage will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” massage in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective tabs from extracted S7500XXLH3 firmware folder :
- Click the PDA Tab, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Tab, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Tab, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Tab, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The phone will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Galaxy Ace Plus, model number S7500 should now run on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread build XXLH3. Go to Settings > About phone to verify this firmware upgrade.
Let us know how the process go for you in comment below!