Jelly Bean based Nexus 7.7 custom ROM now available for both P6810 & P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 variant. With this ROM you can turn your Galaxy Tab 7.7 into a Nexus7 with a 7.7″ Super Amoled screen. The ROM is build on the base of CM10 and developed by XDA member Androguide.fr.
This guide below is compatible only and only with the Galaxy Tab 7.7, model number P6810 & P6800. It’s not compatible with any other Galaxy Tab 7.7 variant such as i815. Check your device model in Settings» About tablet.
Note: The ROM is still under development. You may face some issues and bugs while you use Nexus 7.7 ROM on your Galaxy Tab 7.7 device. The issues, if there is any will more likely be fixed in next update.
Nexus 7.7 ROM Features
- Nexus 7 Phablet UI layout
- Nexus 7 stock apps by google (Magazines, books, music, chrome, ears, maps, etc…)
- Nexus 7 stock boot animation
- Beats-Audio modified DSP Manager for a greater sound experience.
- Nexus 7 ui sounds and animations (not sure if they really differ from cm10)
- Included latest Jelly Bean gapps
- Absolutely zero bloatware, as close to vanilla experience as possible (can make a flashable add-on for apollo if needed)
- Some build.prop tweaks, including facelock tweaks from stock nexus 7.7 rom, will be adding more build.prop tweaks next build
- Changed default wallpaper
- More to come…
- The already-installed Chrome doesn’t work, you’ll have to re-install it through the market
- HDMI dongle doesn’t work
- Some USB keyboards aren’t working
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing ROM on Galaxy Tab 7.7. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Samsung Galaxy Tab in your PC. If not then download and install Kies.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
- You should already have ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move the next page of this guide where you will find an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to flash Nexus 7.7 custom ROM for Galaxy Tab 7.7.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |