It is now possible to update LG Optimus L9 P760 with the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based official CM10.2 or CyanogenMod 10.2 custom firmware. Yes! its the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for LG Optimus L9 . However, the update is not from the official firmware but through custom ROM built by CyanogenMod. Custom ROM of CyanogenMod recognized as one of the most demanded, featured rich and customized ROM. CyanogenMod team currently rolling out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based CM10.2 Nightly Build ROM for many supported devices including the LG Optimus L9 P760.
Although the CM10.2 Nightly build is not at all a stable version but safe for regular use as its updated regular basis. Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean comes with many big features and security enhancement over previous version and no need to say that flashing CM10.2 will enable Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your LG Optimus L9 P760. So, if you willing to experience the great features of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean along with many exiting features of CyanogenMod then go through this article for an installation guide of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10.2 on LG Optimus L9 P760.
Other than all those great features that coming with the CM10.2 Custom ROM, your device will be completely bloatware free, means there will be no useless system apps that ultimately free up a great amount of memory space, runs device more faster and speed and extend the battery life as well. Hence, it is always a great idea to update your device to the latest build of CyanogenMod whenever available. Find below all the additional instructions and backup guide before proceed to update CM10.2 Nightly on LG Optimus L9 P760.
This tutorial is only for LG Optimus L9 P760. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp Messenger – Manually Backup WhatsApp Messenger Data.
- Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for LG Optimus L9 P760 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile. [Guide].
- Your device have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed.
Hope you follow everything as stated above and now move to the next part where you will find download link for CM10.2 Nightly ROM and Gapps and then follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based CM10.2 ROM on LG Optimus L9 P760.
- Make sure you checked all pre-requisites that we mentioned earlier.
- This ROM should work with TWRP Recovery or any other similar custom recovery. We using ClockworkMod Recovery in our guide.
- This is a custom firmware and neither Google nor LG released it.
- Don’t try to skip any steps mentioned below as this may brick your device.
- Never skip Nandroid backup as it’s very helpful if this Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10.2 not work the way you want in your LG Optimus L9 P760.
- If you stuck on boot or experiencing boot loop then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache few more times before rebooting.
- Give the ROM at least 5 min after first boot to settle everything for you.
So, you are now all set to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10.2 on LG Optimus L9 P760. Download required file and go though the tutorial below:
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- Official CM10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM For LG Optimus L9 P760 [Filename: cm-10.2-20130910-NIGHTLY-p760.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip]
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based CM10.2 ROM on LG Optimus L9 P760
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
- Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode. To do so, try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-10.2-20130910-NIGHTLY-p760.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose the gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM CM10.2. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM CM10.2 is now installed and running on your LG Optimus L9 P760.
Instruction If Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2
- Copy CM10.2 ZIP to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
Instructions If Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10/10.1
- Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- Wipe data, we’re not sure if everything will work yet.
As the development is in early stage this CM10.2 ROM have some issues which expected to be fixed later. Also, don’t restore Titanium Backup data, it may crash the whole mobile. So, avoid it if possible.