Galaxy S2 I9100G XXLSR Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware now available for download. An OTA update already available for users in France. This is the first Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware for Galaxy S2 I9100G. You can also download the firmware through KIES. However, if KIES don’t show the firmware or if you have any issue that disallow you to download I9100GXXLSR Jelly Bean official firmware through official ways then you should download it manually. You can find a step-by-step manual installation instruction of XXLSR Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy S2 I9100G below. Please note, this is ODIN flashable firmware and not CWM recovery flashable.
In this article we will guide you to install I9100GXXLSR official firmware update in Samsung Galaxy S2, model number I9100G. For this, we will use a tool called ODIN that will help us to flash the stock 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware in Galaxy S2 I9100G. However, in this process you may lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. You should follow this guide carefully to properly backup your data that you can restore later.
Android 4.1.2 XXLSR Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
This tutorial is only for Galaxy S2, model number I9100G. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp Messenger – Manually Backup WhatsApp Messenger Data.
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- Backup your EFS Folder to save IMEI number and other important data. [Guide]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy S2 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile. [Guide]
- This installation guide use ODIN utility which work only in Windows OS. If you use Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) or Mac OS then use cross platform tool Heimdall to flash this firmware.
If you follow everything that we mentioned above, you are ready to move into next page of this guide where we summed up detail instruction on how to flash Jelly Bean XXLSR Android 4.1.2 official firmware update for Galaxy S2 I9100G.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |