In the last page you learn what to do before flashing XXBMF2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update. Now, in this page you will see how to update Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 to XXBMF2 Android 4.1.2 official firmware. The step-by-step guide is pretty easy to follow. First you need to download N5110XXBMF2 firmware zip and ODIN zip, then follow below mentioned guide as it is.
- You will lose installed custom ROM such as CM10, Paranoid Android or AOKP after flashing official firmware. Custom ROM will be replaced by official stock ROM.
- You will lose custom recovery such as ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery if you have any. Custom recovery will be replaced by stock recovery. We will soon write on how to install ClockworkMod recovery on Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110. [Try search box at top-right to get it]
- Your device no longer belongs to rooted device once you install this firmware. We will soon write on how to root Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110. [Try search box at top-right to get it]
- Though official firmware update usually not erase any system data but we advise you to follow our per-requisites mentioned on previous page as precaution.
- This firmware released by Samsung and flashing of this won’t increase binary counter.
- Extract downloaded archive only once and not twice. If extracted zip don’t contain any modem, csc or pit file that actually means you don’t require it. The only must have file for a firmware flashing is that file with .tar.md5 extension which should be flashed through PDA section.
- To run ODIN as Administrator you should right click on .exe file then click on ‘Run as administrator’ from context menu. Windows XP or lower don’t require this.
- If you see “MD5 hash value is invalid” in Odin message box then you need to re-download the firmware.
Now you have learned every necessary details that we should know before installing official XXBMF2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110. So, without further ado here is the tutorial for you:
Last 3 Official Firmware for Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110:
- How To Install XXBMD1 Android 4.1.2 Firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110
- Update Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 XXBMF2 Android 4.1.2 New Official Firmware
- How To Install ZTBMC6 Android 4.1.2 Firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110
Last 3 Custom ROM for Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110:
Sorry! We yet to cover any.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
How to Update Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 to N5110XXBMF2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded already from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your tablet. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 tablet in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button while pressing the Power button. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy Note GT-N5110 with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective buttons from extracted N5110XXBMF2 firmware folder :
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar.md5 file here (Required)
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Optional)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Optional)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file (Optional)
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your tablet will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Galaxy Note 8.0, model number N5110 should now run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build XXBMF2. Go to Settings > About tablet to verify this firmware update.
Fix Boot Loop Issue:
If Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Let us know how the process go for you in comment below!
Pages: 1 2