UBAMA8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update that rolled out recently for newly released Galaxy Grand I9082L is now available for download. Many user in Panama already received OTA updates. You can also download UBAMA8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware using official utility KIES. If you can’t see the download link on KIES then continue reading our tutorial below for a manual tutorial. I9082LUBAMA8 Jelly Bean is more of a bug fix and regular maintenance update. You can install UBAMA8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Grand I9082L using our detailed tutorial below. Please note, this is ODIN flashable firmware and not CWM recovery flashable. You can always root UBAMA8 Android 4.1.2 using proper root method later. It’s always advisable to update device to latest available firmware version. Official firmware is also good option to unroot Galaxy Grand I9082L or unbrick Galaxy Grand I9082L if brick happen because of software issue.
In this article we will guide you to install I9082LUBAMA8 official firmware update in Samsung Galaxy Grand, model number I9082L. For this, we will use a tool called ODIN that will help us to flash the stock 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware in Galaxy Grand I9082L. However, in this process you may lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. You should follow this guide carefully to properly backup your data that you can restore later.
Android 4.1.2 UBAMA8 Firmware Details:
Date: January, 2013
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Grand, model number I9082L. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp Messenger – Manually Backup WhatsApp Messenger Data.
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- Backup your EFS Folder to save IMEI number and other important data. [Guide]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Grand in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile. [Guide]
- This installation guide use ODIN utility which work only in Windows OS. If you use Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) or Mac OS then use CrossOver Utility to run ODIN in your OS.
If you follow everything that we mentioned above, you are ready to move into next page of this guide where we summed up detail instruction on how to flash Jelly Bean UBAMA8 Android 4.1.2 official firmware update for Galaxy Grand I9082L.
In the last page you learn what to do before flashing UBAMA8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update. Now, in this page you will see how to update Galaxy Grand I9082L to UBAMA8 Android 4.1.2 official firmware. The step-by-step guide is pretty easy to follow. First you need to download I9082LUBAMA8 firmware zip and ODIN zip, then follow below mentioned guide as it is.
- You will lose installed custom ROM such as CM10, Paranoid Android or AOKP after flashing official firmware. Custom ROM will be replaced by official stock ROM.
- You will lose custom recovery such as ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery if you have any. Custom recovery will be replaced by stock recovery. We will soon write on how to install ClockworkMod recovery on Galaxy Grand I9082L. [Try search box at top-right to get it]
- Your device no longer belongs to rooted device once you install this firmware. We will soon write on how to root Galaxy Grand I9082L. [Try search box at top-right to get it]
- Though official firmware update usually not erase any system data but we advise you to follow our per-requisites mentioned on previous page as precaution.
- This firmware released by Samsung and flashing of this won’t increase binary counter.
- Extract downloaded archive only once and not twice. If extracted zip don’t contain any modem, csc or pit file that actually means you don’t require it. The only must have file for a firmware flashing is that file with .tar.md5 extension which should be flashed through PDA section.
- To run ODIN as Administrator you should right click on .exe file then click on ‘Run as administrator’ from context menu. Windows XP or lower don’t require this.
- If you see “MD5 hash value is invalid” in Odin message box then you need to re-download the firmware.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
How to Update Galaxy Grand I9082L to I9082LUBAMA8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded already from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Grand I9082L phone in Download Mode by pressing pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy Note GT-I9082L with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective buttons from extracted I9082LUBAMA8 firmware folder :
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave it blank if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave it blank if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Galaxy Grand, model number I9082L should now run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build UBAMA8. Go to Settings > About phone to verify this firmware update.
If Galaxy Grand I9082L stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Let us know how the process go for you in comment below!