Good news for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 Sprint owners, your device is now can be update with the latest AOKP Build 6 custom ROM. This latest update of AOKP JB-MR1 Build 6 ROM is based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system. Though the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean doesn’t comes with any major changes over Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean but it’s always a good option to update your device with the latest Android build whenever its available. AOKP Build 6 custom ROM offer you bloatware free AOSP like experience but with lot more customization, control and added features that the existing stock ROM unable to offer. The latest release of AOKP Build 6 enable you some interesting features like- Sleep Toggle, Option to daydream on wireless charger, Volume adjust sound preference, complete revamped Navigation Bar, and more. You can read through this article to know the steps to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based AOKP Build 6 on Galaxy Note 2 L900.
Note: This AOKP Build 6 that based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, is going through development phase and may contain bugs and issues. All issues will be resolved as development progress.
AOKP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean JB-MR1 Build 6 Features:
- Fully revamped Navigation Bar and Lockscreen UI in ROMControl
- Themeable lockscreen
- Scrollable toggles are back
- WebGL on the Nexus 10
- Option to daydream on wireless charger
- Volume adjust sound preference
- Open source superuser thanks to Koush
- Status Bar hide toggle
- Sleep toggle
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Note 2 L900. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp Messenger – Manually Backup WhatsApp Messenger Data.
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- Backup your EFS Folder to save IMEI number and other important data. [Guide]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Note 2 L900 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile. [Guide].
- Your device is rooted [Guide] and have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move in the next page of this guide where we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based AOKP Build 6 ROM custom firmware on Galaxy Note 2 L900.
Pages: 1 2