Stock recovery can do limited task such as updating official firmware or wiping data but custom recovery comes with much more system features. One of the most used custom recovery is ClockworkMod Recovery developer by Kaushik Dutta. Using CWM Recovery you can easily install ROMs, MODs, Themes and custom Firmware. The tool can also perform system task such as wiping cache, formatting partition, fixing permission, wiping delvic cache and much more. In this tutorial we will guide you to install CWM Recovery in your Android device.
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on your device. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- Make sure that you already own a rooted device. [Guide]
If you have done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move the next stage of this guide where you will learn how to flash ClockworkMod recovery on your Android device.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- ROM Manager [From Google Play Store]
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on any Android device
- Install ROM Manager on your Android device first.
- Now launch the app and tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option.
- Now, you have to select your device from device list that come up next.
- The ClockworkMod Recovery process should begin now. Be patience!
- Once ROM Manager complete the installation process you will see a confirmation massage related to the same.
That’s it! ClockworkMod Recovery now installed in your Android device. You can now easily flash ROMs, MODs, Themes as well as can do various advance system task that stock recovery unable to provide.
If you don’t see your device name in ROM Manager device list then contact us. We will try to find out a CWM Recovery distribution if available for your device.