TWRP recovery is now available for T-Mobile Galaxy S III that bring flashing custom ROMs and backing existing ROM in few touch. TWRP recovery is an alternative of CLockworkMod recovery and bring even more features along with proper touch interface.
This guide is applicable only and only for the T-Mobile Galaxy S3, model number SGH-T999. It’s not compatible with any other Galaxy S3 variant. Check your device model in Settings» About phone.
Here is few interesting features of TWRP Recovery 188.8.131.52
- On-screen keyboard in recovery! — supports long press, backspace repeat, and swipe left deletes everything left of the cursor
- Name new backups and rename existing backups
- Rename files and folders in the file manager
- Pseudo-terminal emulator
- Backup archive splitting — allows backup and restore of data partitions larger than 2GB
- Simplified XML layout support between resolutions
- Added dual storage selection radio buttons to zip install, backup, and restore pages
- Improved zip install compatibility
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing TWRP custom recovery 184.108.40.206 on T-Mobile Galaxy S3. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- GooManager [Download and install this on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3]
- Alternate: If you unable to download GooManager from Play Store for some reason then download and install GooManager APK manually using a file explorer. [Make sure Unknown sources is enabled under Settings » Security]
- Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones]
- Make sure your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 is rooted.
Once you have followed the said pre requisites that mentioned above then you are ready to proceed to next page where we have summed up a step-by-step guide on how to install TWRP recovery 220.127.116.11 for T-Mobile Galaxy S3.
How to install TWRP recovery 18.104.22.168 for T-Mobile Galaxy S3
- Open GooManager app in your Galaxy S3. Then grant it root access by pressing the Grant/Allow button when prompted.
- Now, press Menu button (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then tap on “Install OpenRecoveryScript”, next tap on Yes. Confirm download and install of recovery by pressing Yes on next popup.
- Wait few minutes. TWRP recovery will be downloaded and then installed on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 after a reboot.
- Once the reboot is done, you can then try out TWRP recovery. To do so, open the GooManager app and press the Reboot recovery button to reboot into recovery.
TWRP recovery is now installed on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. Have fun flashing custom ROMs through easy to use touch interface!