The CDMA variant of Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 that available with Sprint can now be upgraded to latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. This is possible now because the new custom ROM Slim Bean Beta 1. By installing Slim Bean Beta 1 ROM you able to upgrade your Galaxy S3 L710 to very latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware as well as receive several customization feature that look pretty useful for regular users. Galaxy S3 L710 comes with dual-core 1.5 GHz processor and 2GB of RAM which mean it should be able to run Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean smoothly. Read through this article to learn necessary steps to update your Galaxy S3 L710 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based custom ROM Slim Bean Beta 1.
Few notable Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean features are multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature, miracast display and more.
Note: This Slim Bean Beta 1 based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean is still under development and may contain bugs and issues. All issues will be resolved as development progress. The Slim Bean ROM known for low file size and fast speedy nature.
Slim Bean Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Beta 1 Features:
- Dotted Battery Mod and color picker
- Battery bar mod
- Notification Background customization
- Notification row transparency
- Quick Settings for
- Network mode tile
- Profile Tile
- Dismiss on toggle
- Updated APN + SPN
- Wifi name in notification drawer
- Power widget
- Device Parts
- Performance Settings (need to tap build number a few times)
- Cursor control using volume keys
- Disable full screen keyboard
- Alternate app chooser
- Clock styles and color chooser
- ADB over wifi
- Camera power shutter mod
- Wifi country specific settings
- Notification IME selector
- SMS quick reply & mark as read from notification
- All MMS features
- All Contacts features
This tutorial is only for Sprint Galaxy S3, model number L710. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Samsung Galaxy S3 L710 in your PC. [USB Driver].
- Backup your EFS Folder. [Guide]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide].
- Your device is rooted [Guide] and have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move in the next page of this guide where we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based Slim Bean Beta 1 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 L710.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |