Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 that also known as Samsung Attain, is a smartphone that available only for AT&T customers. You will be glad to know that the latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean is available for this smartphone and yes! It’s not official firmware. The smartphone Galaxy S2 I777 is powered by dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 processor as well as 1GB of RAM but comes with Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread that can be upgraded to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. However, by installing Slim Bean Beta 1, you can enjoy the latest Android version. Slim Bean Beta 1 ROM not only upgrade your Galaxy S2 I777 to very latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware but also offer various customization that stock ROM don’t offer. Read through this article to learn necessary steps to update your Galaxy S2 I777 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based custom ROM Slim Bean Beta 1.
Few notable Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean features are multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature, miracast display and more.
Note: This Slim Bean Beta 1 based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean is still under development and may contain bugs and issues. All issues will be resolved as development progress. The Slim Bean ROM known for low file size and fast speedy nature.
Slim Bean Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Beta 1 Features:
- Dotted Battery Mod and color picker
- Battery bar mod
- Notification Background customization
- Notification row transparency
- Quick Settings for
- Network mode tile
- Profile Tile
- Dismiss on toggle
- Updated APN + SPN
- Wifi name in notification drawer
- Power widget
- Device Parts
- Performance Settings (need to tap build number a few times)
- Cursor control using volume keys
- Disable full screen keyboard
- Alternate app chooser
- Clock styles and color chooser
- ADB over wifi
- Camera power shutter mod
- Wifi country specific settings
- Notification IME selector
- SMS quick reply & mark as read from notification
- All MMS features
- All Contacts features
This tutorial is only for Galaxy S2, model number I777. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Samsung Galaxy S2 I777 in your PC. [USB Driver].
- Backup your EFS Folder. [Guide]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide].
- Your device is rooted [Guide] and have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move in the next page of this guide where we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based Slim Bean Beta 1 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 I777.
Pages: 1 2