If you have been looking for a tutorial on how to root VXAMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy Note 2 LTE R950, then you have come to the right place. As you read below, we’ll guide you with some important tips that you have to remember as precaution and will take you through the tutorial steps on the next page. Rooting is very important if you want to get full control on your Galaxy Note 2 LTE R950. You can now easily root VXAMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 LTE R950 with the root package given in this tutorial. The old root package came with ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery but the new root package no longer comes with CWM recovery but only offer you a successful rooting. You may be interested to read – Benefits of Rooting Android devices.
In this article we will help you to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE R950 running R950VXAMB1 firmware. For this we will flash a small .tar file using ODIN. However, in this process you may lose your personal data and settings. You should follow this guide carefully to properly backup your data that you can restore later.
Rooting Information: Once your device is rooted, warranty will get void; However, you can reclaim the warranty by applying official firmware update.
To check if you successfully rooted your device or not install an app called “Root Checker” that available for download from Google PLAY store for free.
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Note 2 LTE, model number R950. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp Messenger – Manually Backup WhatsApp Messenger Data.
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- Backup your EFS Folder to save IMEI number and other important data. [Guide]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Note 2 LTE in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile. [Guide]
- This installation guide use ODIN utility which work only in Windows OS. If you use Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) or Mac OS then use CrossOver Utility to run ODIN in your OS.
If you follow everything that we mentioned above, you are ready to move into next page of this guide where we summed up detail instruction on how to root Galaxy Note 2 LTE R950 running R950VXAMB1 firmware.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |