The latest Galaxy device that grabbing attention is Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It certainly one of the most powerful smartphone out there. The big size Galaxy Note 3 features 3GB of RAM and both Quad Core and Octa Core processor depending on region.
The smartphone available with various US carrier including T-Mobile and Sprint. It also available with Canadian carrier (Bell, Rogers etc.). Today we going to help you to root your Galaxy Note 3 model number SM-N900T (T-Mobile US), SM-N900P (Sprint) and SM-N900W8 (Canada). Here are the devices that our method can root:
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T
- Sprint Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P
- Canadian SM-N900W8, Rogers, Bell, Telus etc.
Rooting is a process that let you do lot more thing with your device. There are various root only apps that allow you to redesign whole look, can overclock/underclock CPU & GPU, allow you to access and modify system file and many more. However, only downfall is, it void your warranty but you can regain it by properly unrooting your Galaxy Note 3.
- Root & Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
- Remove Region Lock on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
- Root & Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900
Though rooting don’t play with your data but we suggest you to backup your data first before proceeding.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp Messenger – Manually Backup WhatsApp Messenger Data.
- Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Note 3 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile. [Guide]
- This installation guide use ODIN utility which work only in Windows OS. If you use Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) or Mac OS then use CrossOver Utility to run ODIN in your OS.
Hope you back up all your data and settings as mention above and now you need to download required file (available below) and follow the step by step guide to root Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T/ SM-N900P/ SM-N900W8 running on stock firmware.
1. Extract the CF-Auto-Root zip files only once and not twice..
2. This root process may increase binary flash counter.
Now you all set to root Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T/ SM-N900P/ SM-N900W8. Download file and go through the tutorial below:
File Required(Download File that match your carrier)
- SM-N900T (T-Mobile US): CF-Auto-Root-hltetmo-hltetmo-smn900t.zip
- SM-N900P (Sprint): CF-Auto-Root-hltespr-hltespr-smn900p.zip
- SM-N900W8 (Canada): CF-Auto-Root-hltecan-hlteub-smn900w8.zip
- Odin 3.07
How to Root Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T/ SM-N900P/ SM-N900W8
- Extract CF-Auto-Root zip file. You will receive a .tar.md5 file along with few other files.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Note 3 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T/ SM-N900P/ SM-N900W8 with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective buttons:
- Click the PDA Button, and select tar.md5 file [See Step 1]
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, the phone will reboot and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
So, you have done rooting Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T/ SM-N900P/ SM-N900W8 running on stock firmware. Your device should now have root permission and you can now install apps that ask root access. Confirm whether your device is rooted or not from here: How To Verify Android Device is Rooted or Not. You can read more on Samsung Galaxy Note here.