I9105PXXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 Official Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P is here and good thing is, you can download the I9105PXXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware and manually update your smartphone to this easily. The firmware right now available over Kies only in Germany and Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P can also be updated to this firmware via OTA in Germany. However, if you live outside Germany then a manual update can allow you to taste this official I9105PXXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your beloved Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P.
Samsung already rolled out Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware update on few Android devices including this Galaxy S2 Plus (GT-I9105P), Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE (GT-N5120) and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100). We are waiting to see official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300) and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100). Anyway, if you have problem to update your device to this firmware through official procedure then you can always follow our manual update instruction to update Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P to latest I9105PXXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. To do so, continue reading this article. You can always root this firmware using a proper root method that available at Android Jinn or else where.
Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P Rooting Tutorial: If you have found a rooting method for Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P but are confused whether to go for root or not then you should read: Benefits of Rooting Android devices. Also
As this XXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware that we added on download section is unbranded firmware, means you can flash it in any carrier unbranded Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P. To flash this firmware on Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P, we will use a tool called ODIN. However, in this process you may lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings (very less likely). Don’t worry! While going through this manual firmware update guide you will learn all required tips that will help you to backup your data as well as other important objects before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. If this firmware not look to you then you can always roll back to your previous firmware version as well as can restore all your backed up data.
Android 4.2.2 XXUBMG8 Firmware Details:
Date: July, 2013
Region: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
This tutorial is only for Galaxy S2 Plus, model number I9105P. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P Data & Settings:
Although installing official firmware automatically restore your previous phone data if your device in running on official firmware prior to flashing this firmware, however accident may happen. That’s why We always recommend you to backup your phone data and setting before following manual firmware installation guide, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp Messenger – Manually Backup WhatsApp Messenger Data.
Download Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P USB Drivers
You need to connect your Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P to computer so that Odin can access it. However, it won’t be possible until you have proper driver installed. Technically, after you connect your device to Windows PC for first time, it will download and install the required driver but if it don’t then download it from below link.
Few More Important Tips!
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- Backup your EFS Folder to save IMEI number and other important data (only applicable for rooted device). [Guide]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile. [Guide]
- This installation guide use ODIN utility which work only in Windows OS. If you use Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) or Mac OS then use CrossOver Utility to run ODIN in your OS.
If you follow everything that we mentioned above, you are ready to move into next section of this guide where we summed up detail instruction on how to flash XXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware update for Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P.
- Extract downloaded archive only once and not twice. If extracted zip don’t contain any modem, csc or pit file that actually means you don’t require it. The only must have file for a firmware flashing is that file with .tar.md5 extension which should be flashed through PDA section.
- To run ODIN as Administrator you should right click on .exe file then click on ‘Run as administrator’ from context menu. Windows XP or lower don’t require this.
- If you see “MD5 hash value is invalid” in Odin message box then you need to re-download the firmware.
Now you have learned every necessary details that we should know before installing official XXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P. So, without further ado here is the tutorial for you:
Last 3 Official Firmware for Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P:
- How to Update XXLSS Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean New Official Firmware on Galaxy S2 I9100P
- Update Galaxy S2 I9100P To XXLSQ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Last 3 Custom ROM for Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P:
Sorry! We yet to cover any.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
How to Update Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P to I9105PXXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded already from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P phone in Download Mode by pressing pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy Note GT-I9105P with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective buttons from extracted I9105PXXUBMG8 firmware folder :
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar.md5 file here (Required)
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Optional)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Optional)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file (Optional)
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Galaxy S2 Plus, model number I9105P should now run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean build XXUBMG8. Go to Settings > About phone to verify this firmware update.
Fix Boot Loop Issue on Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P:
If Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Let us know how the process go for you in comment below!