The official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware already available for Nexus 7 but if you want a customize Android experience then try LiquidSmooth ROM which is based on latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. This unofficial firmware is now available for download. Recently the dev team of this ROM released the RC1 version which is based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM. Major custom ROM yet to be updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean but by installing LiquidSmooth custom ROM you can still enjoy various customization without leaving Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Continue reading this article to know how to update your Nexus 7 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM LiquidSmooth ROM.
Note: This LiquidSmooth ROM (RC1) that based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, is still under development and may contain bugs and issues. All issues will be resolved as development progress.
LiquidSmooth ROM Key Features:
- Google GCC 4.7 Toolchain
- Strict-Aliasing (Linaro)
- C++11 Mode
- Optimized String Handling Routines (Linaro/Sony)
- Misc other Linaro and Code Aurora Optimaztions
- Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
- Chronus clock widget
- Customizable hardware and software keys
- Transparent navbar and status bar
- Customizable navbar ring
- Navigation bar widgets
- Customizable power menu
- Customizable quicksettings panel
- Statusbar mods
- Theme engine
- Quiet hours
- Volume rocker music controls
- Full Rotation
- Customizable battery and notification light
This tutorial is only for Nexus 7, model number . Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About tablet. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp Messenger – Manually Backup WhatsApp Messenger Data.
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Nexus 7 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile. [Guide].
- Your device is rooted [Guide] and have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move in the next page of this guide where we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based LiquidSmooth ROM custom firmware on Asus Nexus 7.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |