File Required (Download by clicking on it)
- CM10 for HTC Aria [Filename: cm-10.0.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA1-liberty.zip]
- Gapps [Filename: gapps-jb-20120726-small.zip]
How to Install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on HTC Aria
- Connect your HTC Aria to PC using USB cable.
- Copy all downloaded zip files to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any file.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume down and the Power buttons together until the device boots into recovery. Once in the bootloader wait a few seconds for checks to complete and then select recovery. The device will then boots into CWM recovery.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Then perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is completed.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-10.0.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA1-liberty.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-jb-20120726-small.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized CM10 Jelly Bean ROM. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10 now installed and running on your HTC Aria. Don’t forget to visit official development page to obtain latest ROM build and ask support. Share your Jelly Bean based CM10 custom ROM experience with us in comment.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |