You can now upgrade HTC Aria from Android 2.1 Éclair to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. HTC Aria also known as HTC Liberty and HTC Gratia. The smartphone is powered by single core 600 MHz ARM 11 processor and feature 384MB of RAM. This mid range Android smartphone isn’t much powerful in term of hardware but that not stop XDA senior member WinSuk to port Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10 to HTC Aria.
This guide below is compatible only and only with the HTC Aria/HTC Liberty/HTC Gratia and not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings» About phone.
Note: CyanogenMod 10 aka CM 10 is still under development, this is just a preview version. By installing CM10 you will enjoy Android 4.1 Jelly Bean features including smoother interface, advanced voice recognition and search functionality, better keyboard, improved and actionable notifications area. But, as this is a preview version you may find some bugs while using CM10 on your HTC Aria/HTC Liberty/HTC Gratia .
Here is a list of known issues of CM10 ROM for HTC Aria as quoted by developer.
- A few graphical glitches – most noticeable in the camera app, it goes crazy sometimes (but still takes pictures & panorama fine)
- Bluetooth doesn’t turn on sometimes
- Camcorder doesn’t work
- Icons & widgets overlap the search bar & dock. [Solution: disable search bar in Launcher settings (widgets still overlap a bit though)]
- Tethering doesn’t work
- Backlight for navigation buttons won’t turn on sometimes (it works fine on auto brightness, even turning off during a video)
- Hardware video decoder doesn’t work
- Panorama is slow
- Voice recognition doesn’t work (this means no Google Now)
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing CM10 on HTC Aria/HTC Liberty/HTC Gratia. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Devices]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for HTC Aria.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
- You should already have ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move the next page of this guide where we compile an easy to use step-by-step guide on how to update HTC Aria with CM10.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |