Fast and responsive custom firmware BlackBean ROM arrived for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 users. The BlackBean ROM is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and uses LiquidSmooth and CyanogenMod as source. While it uses AOSP 4.1.1 Jelly Bean as base, for kernel the custom ROM BlackBean rely on CyanogenMod Kernel. The native Overclocking/Undervolting performance utility make it one of the must have custom ROM for Galaxy S3 I9300.
This guide below is compatible only and only with the Galaxy S3, model number i9300. It’s not compatible with any other Galaxy S3 variant. Check your device model in Settings» About phone.
Note: BlackBean ROM is an unofficial build (neither Samsung nor Google release this as firmware) and still under development. Although most of the Jelly Bean feature works fine but you may still face some issues and bugs while use BlackBean ROM on Galaxy SIII.
Here is a quick feature list of BlackBean ROM:
- Extremely responsive, slim, resource friendly UI
- Based on AOSP/CyanogenMod (Android Open Source Project) 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (JB-DEV Branch)
- Featuring CyanogenMod Kernel with Pegasuq gov by default
- Center clock mod/customizable Color
- Customizable battery icons
- BirdsNest: PropModder, a new convient way to edit your build.prop with the flick of a finger!
- Dyanmic Changelog
- Native Overclocking/Undervolting Perfromance Utility
- The Complete System is blacked out
- And Much much more!
- Interface under BirdNest in Settings FC…
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing this custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 . Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy S3 in your PC. If not then download and install Kies.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
- You should already have ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move the next page of this guide where you we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Jelly Bean based BlackBean ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |