In this page, you will learn how to install I535VRBLK3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware on Verizon Galaxy S3, model number I535. The process is pretty simple. First you need to download I535VRBLK3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware zip file and ODIN zip. Then, follow the below guide to get helpful instructions.
- You will lose installed custom ROM such as CM10, Paranoid Android or AOKP after flashing official firmware. Custom ROM will be replaced by official stock ROM.
- You will lose custom recovery such as ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery if you have any. Custom recovery will be replaced by stock recovery. We will soon write on how to install ClockworkMod recovery on Galaxy S3 I535. [Try search box at top-right to get it]
- Your device no longer belongs to rooted device once you install this firmware. We will soon write on how to root Galaxy S3 I535. [Try search box at top-right to get it]
- Though official firmware update usually not erase any system data but we advise you to follow our per-requisites mentioned on previous page as precaution.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- Android 4.1.1 I535VRBLK3 for Galaxy S3 I535 [the original file is removed by uploader, this download comes with pre-rooted firmware of the same]
- Odin 3.07
How to update Verizon Galaxy S3 I535 to VRBLK3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your smartphone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy S3 I535 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power button until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in phone screen. Wait few seconds and your phone will be in download mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy S3 I535 with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select the file in Odin at respective tabs:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar file here that you downloaded earlier.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The phone will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Verizon Galaxy S3, model number I535 should now run on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build I535VRBLK3. Go to Settings > About phone to verify this firmware update.
If Galaxy S3 I535 stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Let us know how the process go for you in comment below!
Pages: 1 2