SuperNexus custom ROM allow you to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S3 OS from Android 4.0 ICS to Android 4.1 JB. You can then enjoy latest security fixes that come with Jelly Bean along with other JB features including smoother interface, advanced voice recognition and search functionality, better keyboard, improved and actionable notifications area. The SuperNexus custom ROM for Galaxy S3 is developed by XDA Recognized Developer Faryaab.
Note: SuperNexus ROM is an unofficial build (neither Samsung nor Google release this as firmware) and still under development. Although most of the Jelly Bean feature works fine but you may still face some issues and bugs while use SuperNexus ROM on Galaxy SIII.
This guide below is compatible only and only with the Galaxy S3, model number i9300. It’s not compatible with any other Galaxy S3 variant. Check your device model in Settings» About phone.
The main attraction point of SuperNexus ROM is, it bring stock Jelly Bean look and feel in your Galaxy S3. The ROM excluded all 3rd party apps, means no bloatware at all. Build on Android 4.1.1 JRO03H, SuperNexus ROM use latest CM kernel.
Here is a quick feature list of SuerNexus ROM:
- Fully Deodexed
- Zipaligned APKs
- Rooted (Super SU)
- BusyBox Installed
- No 3rd Party App
- ZERO Bloatware
- Official Jelly Bean Bootanimation (From Official Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1.1 Factory Image)
- Init.d Support
- Bash & Nano Support
- Native SIP/VOIP Support
- EXT4 File System Optimizations
- Boot Animation Performance Enhancements
- Galaxy S III Device Settings as an App
- Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery & Download Options)
- Zero-Shutter-Lag In Camera App
- Powerkey Camera Shutter (Click Power Button To Capture Image/Video in Camera App)
- Device Hardware Information (Settings>About Device>Hardware Information)
- T9 Dialer Functionality (Smart Dialer)
- Landscape Dialer Support
- Increased Tab Limit in Stock Browser From 16 To 64
- Huge APN & SPN List
- Tweaked Progress Spinners Values (Silky Smooth Loading Spinners)
- Allowed Any File-Type To Be Downloaded
- Allowed Installation Of Apps From Unknown Sources By Default
- Disabled Data Roaming By Default
- Wi-Fi tethering is semi-broken
- Memory Leak (Whenever you feel the device is getting slower, just reboot the device and should work fine.)
- exFAT Formatted SD Cards (Format your SD Card in FAT32 and it will work)
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing Samsung Galaxy S3 . It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
File Required (Download by clicking on it)
- SuperNexus ROM For Galaxy S3 [from official development page]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip]
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy S3 in your PC. If not then download and install Kies.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
- You should already have ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move the next page of this guide where you we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Jelly Bean based SuperNexus ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |