A right kernel is very important while you want to flash AOSP based ROM, otherwise it won’t boot. Few known AOSP based ROMs are AOKP, AOSP, CM9 , CM10, JellyBean, ParanoidAndroid, MIUI and all other ROMs based on this. Today we have HydraCore Kernel that will provide necessary power that your Galaxy Note N7000 require to deal with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or higher ROMs. The HydraCore Kernel also work with Touchwiz ICS firmware. The kernel comes with two variant standard frequencies/voltages version and Overclocked/Undervolt version. If you not an advance user then you should go with Standard version. The HydraCore kernel is a pre-rooted kernel and have CWM recovery installed. Read through this page to learn necessary steps to install HydraCore Kernel v7 on Galaxy Note N7000.
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Note, model number N7000. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
- Built from latest Samsung Note sources
- Multiboot InitramFS for all rom types
- Patches for full functionality for all rom types
- Supports Touchwiz ICS, AOKP, AOSP, CM9 , CM10, JellyBean, ParanoidAndroid, MIUI roms
- OC/UV version and a Standard frequencies/voltages version
- Full root
- Magical elves and wizardry
- Noop scheduler default
- Tweaked OnDemand governor default
- Lots of IO tweaks
- Lots of kernel scheduler tweaks
- Adjusted all cpu voltage tables (OC kernel only)
- Realtime cpu temperature, board temperature readouts and VoltGroup information in settings>about>kernel version
- Optimised VM memory setting
- Optimised Global block readahead
- CIFS support with UTF8
- Voltages and frequencies now in userspace for Voltage Coltrol app / AOKP direct support
- lots, and lots of other tweaks (see full source)
ClockworkMod Recovery Features:
- External SD card mount properly within cwm for USB Mass Storage mode / PC connection
- Select between .dep and .tar backups. TAR backups recommended!
- Fully working
Installation routine for the rom of your choice:
- Either flash HydraCore or have a kernel installed with CWM
- Download your ROM of choice, follow any specific rom installation instructions and flash with CWM
- Flash HydraCore in CWM
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 50% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 in your PC. [USB Driver].
- Backup your EFS Folder. [Guide]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide].
- Your device have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move in the next page of this guide where we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install HydraCore v7 Kernel on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
Pages: 1 2