In previous page, you learn what to do before proceeding for rooting and installing ClockworkMod recovery aka CWM recovery. In this page we will continue our step-by-step guide. First we will install ClockworkMod recovery and then using CWM recovery we will root HTC Desire V. To achieve our purpose, first you need to download HTC Desire V All-In-One Toolkit by hasoon2000 and then follow below mentioned guide as it is.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- HTC Desire V All-In-One Toolkit [Filename: Desire_V_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0.rar]
How to Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on HTC Desire V
- Extract downloaded Desire_X_All-In-One_Kit_v1.1.rar in a folder of your.
- Now connect your mobile to your computer. Make sure it’s on charging mode and SD Card isn’t mounted.
- Run exe file located under extracted folder [see step 1]. If your device bootloader isn’t unlock then you can use this tool to unlock it first.
- On HTC Desire V All-In-One Toolkit window select ClockWorkMod under recovery section then click on Flash Recovery.
- Wait few seconds and ClockworkMod recovery is now installed on your HTC Desire V.
CWM Recovery now installed, it’s time to root HTC Desire V. To boot into ClockworkMod recovery, turn off your device then press Volume Up and Power button together for HBOOT menu. Navigate for Recovery using Volume Keys and then select it using Power button.
How To Root HTC Desire V
- Now, boot into recovery. To do so, select Boot into Recovery under Commands section in HTC Desire V All-In-One Toolkit and then click on Do Command.
- Once your device is in recovery, select Perm Root (GB/ICS) under Extras section in HTC Desire V All-In-One Toolkit and then click on run.
- When everything done, reboot your device. To do so, select Reboot Phone under Commands section in HTC Desire V All-In-One Toolkit and then click on Do Command. You can now disconnect your device.
Congrats! You should now have rooted HTC Desire V with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it. You can now install apps that require root access as well as flash custom ROM through CWM Recovery.
Pages: 1 2