RUU or ROM Update Utility helps you to update HTC Android powered devices manually. It’s something like KIES utility that available for Samsung Android smartphones. The first recommended process to update your HTC Android smartphone is the OTA but if due to some reason, you unable to do so then you have to do it manually either using RUU or through related ROM IMG Zip file.
Though it’s not always you found RUU for your desired firmware but whenever its available it make thing so easy for you as you don’t require to do much, just connect the device and follow some necessary steps to update your smartphone to latest available firmware. In this article we will discuss general process to update your HTC smartphone powered by Android using RUU or ROM Update Utility.
This tutorial is only for HTC Android Smartphones. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for HTC Android Device in your PC. [Download USB driver]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
- Android SDK is Installed. [Guide]
- Your device bootloader is locked. [If your bootloader is unlocked via htcdev.com then type fastboot oem lock then fastboot reboot-bootloader when you are in Android SDK platform tool folder]
If you follow everything that we mentioned above, you are ready to move into next page of this guide where we summed up detail instruction on how to install latest HTC Android Firmware using RUU as well as how to collect ROM zip for manual update.
Pages: 1 2