Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware updates now rolled out for Asus PadFone 2 for different SKU. If you are an Asus PadFone 2 user then you should notice an OTA update already. However, if you are someone who modify their device by unlocking bootloader then you won’t see an OTA update. Good news is ASUS uploaded Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update for Asus PadFone 2, so that you can upgrade your device from Android 4.0 ICS to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean manually.
Note: The Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update sooner or later will surely hit in your country. If you not familiar with manual flashing a firmware and own an unmodified device then wait for the official update.
This tutorial is only for Asus PadFone 2. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Asus PadFone 2. [USB Driver].
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
- Choosing right SKU is very important. Go to Settings » About phone and check the build number. If your build number start with HK then you required to download HK firmware. Same for other SKU prefix.
If you followed everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move on next stage where we set up a detail, easy to use, step-by-step guide on how to install Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware on Asus PadFone 2.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- HK Firmware [v10.4.5.36]
- WWE Firmware [v10.4.5.36 ]
- TW Firmware [v10.4.7.10 ]
- CHT Firmware [v10.4.7.10 ]
How to Install Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware on Asus PadFone 2
- Extract downloaded zip file which will then come up with another zip file which is needed to update the tablet.
- Copy the new zip file (that you get after extracting downloaded zip file) to the root of sdcard of internal memory on the tablet.
- Reboot your tablet now. After the boot, you will see a notification next to the clock on the phone. Tap on that notification and then follow on-screen instructions to update Asus PadFone 2.
Congrats! Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware ROM now running on your Asus PadFone 2. Share your experience about this update in comment.