Xperia Tipo as well as Xperia Tipo dual can now be rooted easily without much technical things. Xperia Tipo runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box and may see Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update in future through custom ROM. This stylish handset powered by a 800 MHz Cortex-A5, have Adreno 200 GPU within it and feature 512MB of RAM. The hardware spec itself look modest for a mid-range device. To utilize the power of this smartphone or maximize it, you have to root it. Rooted Android device allows you access system files that let you install applications that require Super user access. Rooted device also necessary to install custom ROMs. Usually rooting process looks little bit techy kind of work and most average user tend to avoid it due to the task it required despite its easiness.
However, if you are a Xperia Tipo user, you can’t complain now. We are here with a one click tool that is less technical and more user friendly.
Rooting Information: Once your device is rooted, warranty will get void; However, you can reclaim the warranty by applying official firmware update.
To check if you successfully rooted your device or not install an app called “Root Checker” that available for download from Google PLAY store for free.
This tutorial is only for Xperia Tipo and Xperia Tipo Dual. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
- Make sure your device have at least 50% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Xperia Tipo in your PC. [Download USB Driver]
- Make sure ADB is installed. [Guide]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
If you followed all pre-requisites then you are ready to move on the very next stage of this tutorial which is how to root Xperia Tipo.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- Xperia Tipo Root tool For Windows System [Filename: Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15.zip]
How to Root Xperia Tipo
- Extract downloaded zip file (Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15.zip) in your PC.
- Now, connect your Xperia Tipo to the computer through USB and make sure mass storage is off.
- Once completed, double click on RunMe.bat located in same extracted folder.
- Follow on screen instruction and you will see a success massage soon.
Congrats! Your Xperia Tipo is now rooted. You can now install apps that required root access as well as made changes in system files.