If you have been looking around for a guide to rooting the Pantech Element tablet, we have one for you.
The Pantech Element was released early last year and packs in a punch with its features. It has an 8-inch touchscreen, 1 GB RAM, a 5-megapixel camera and a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor. It came with Ice Cream Sandwich OS out of the box. If you want to take full advantage of its features, we would advise you to root the tab.
Here’s our rooting guide for the Pantech element p4100 tablet.
Rooting Information: Once your device is rooted, it will make the warranty void; however you needn’t panic since your warranty can be restored by installing the official firmware update.
Also, we would like to mention that you can perform this rooting procedure only on Windows PCs. To check if you successfully rooted your device, you can use an app called Root Checker from the Google Play Store.
This tutorial is only for Pantech Element P4100. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instructions given on this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup Pantech Element P4100 Data & Settings:
As we are going to push some custom files to root your device, it may wipe your data (in a rare scenario). That’s why we always recommend you to backup your phone data and setting before following the manual firmware installation guide, so that if you lose any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp Messenger – Manually Backup WhatsApp Messenger Data.
Note: You can always backup your device data using Kies but we recommend you to backup data manually, so that if situation demands then you can easily transfer your data to any other manufacturer Android powered device such as HTC One or Xperia Z. If you have custom recovery installed such as TWRP Recovery or CWM Recovery then use its backup feature which is better than any other backup we mentioned already as this backup creates an image of whole system.
Download Pantech Element P4100 USB Drivers
You need to connect your Pantech Element P4100 to computer so that the application can access it. However, it won’t be possible until you have proper driver installed. Technically, after you connect your device to Windows PC for first time, it will download and install the required driver but if it don’t then download it from below link.
Few More Important Tips!
- Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile. [Guide]
- Make sure you enable this option – Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources.
How To root Pantech Element P4100 Easily
- Save these root package Archives to your Desktop.
- Now, unzip the folders again on your desktop only.
- Then, connect your device to the PC using a data cable.
- Copy the Superuser file to your Memory card.
- Open a command prompt window on your PC and type these commands in.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery cwm-184.108.40.206-pororo.img
fastboot flash boot element-boot-insecure.img
6. Once this step has completed, close the window and open it again. Now type:
adb reboot recovery
7. Your device will reboot in custom recovery mode. From the menu, choose Install Zip from SDcard>>Zip from SDcard.
8. Now choose the Superuser file copied earlier which will start flashing your device. Once flshing is done your tab will automatically reboot.
9. The instructions to root will appear on your screen.
10. Follow the instructions as mentioned on the screen and you will be done in no time!
Congrats! You just rooted your Pantech Element tablet. This is the easiest guide you can find to root your Pantech Element P4100 tablet.
Give a shout out to the developers for this easy root.