T-Mobile LG Optimus L9 P769 runs on Android 4.0.4 ICS and just like most recent Android powered devices it can be rooted. Rooted T-Mobile LG L9 offer you complete control over your devices as well as freedom of uses. You can delete bloatware, can install custom ROMs and MODs and most importantly can install apps that require root access to operate properly.
This guide below is compatible only and only with the T-Mobile LG Optimus L9, model number P769. It’s not tested with any other LG Optimus variant. Check your device model in Settings» About phone.
Rooting Information: Once your device is rooted, warranty will get void; However, you can reclaim the warranty by applying official firmware update.
To check if you successfully rooted your device or not install an app called “Root Checker” that available for download from Google PLAY store for free.
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of rooting T-Mobile LG Optimus L9 variant. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
- Make sure your device have at least 50% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for T-Mobile LG Optimus L9 in your PC. [Download USB Driver]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
- Make sure Lookout Security is disabled (menu->applications->downloaded) and clear its data
If you followed all pre-requisites then you are ready to move on the very next stage of this tutorial which is how to root T-Mobile LG Optimus L9.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
How to Root T-Mobile LG L9 P769
- Extract downloaded zip file in your PC.
- Now, connect your T-Mobile LG Optimus L9 to the computer through USB. Make sure you see a bug on the top-left of screen.
- Then run the Runme.bat file which is present within extracted folder (see Step 1) by double-clicking on it.
- Now look at the phone screen and choose “restore my data” when prompted.
- Your phone will reboot. If you don’t see any error then your device is rooted now.
Congrats! Your T-Mobile LG Optimus L9 P769 is now rooted. However, to enjoy rooted device you must download and install BusyBox and SuperSU from Google Play Store. You can now install apps that required root access as well as made changes in system files.