Motorola Photon 4G that also known as Motorola ELECTRIFY is a mid-range smartphone. An easy one click rooting process is now available to unleash the power of this device. Motorola Photon 4G is quite powerful device that’s comes with dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 processor, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H chipset, ULP GeForce and 1GB of RAM. It’s very important to root your Motorola Photon 4G as rooted Android device allows you access system files that let you install applications which require Super user access. Rooted device also necessary to install custom ROMs. Usually rooting process looks little bit techy kind of work and most average user tend to avoid it due to the task it required despite its easiness.
However, if you are a Motorola Photon 4G user, you can’t complain now. We are here with a one click tool that is less technical and more user friendly.
Rooting Information: Once your device is rooted, warranty will get void; However, you can reclaim the warranty by applying official firmware update.
To check if you successfully rooted your device or not install an app called “Root Checker” that available for download from Google PLAY store for free.
This tutorial is only for Motorola Photon 4G. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
- Make sure your device have at least 50% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Motorola Photon 4G in your PC. [Download USB Driver]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
If you followed all pre-requisites then you are ready to move on the very next stage of this tutorial which is how to root Motorola Photon 4G.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- Motorola Photon 4G Root tool For Windows System [Filename: Photon-4G-OCR-2.0.zip]
How to Root Motorola Photon 4G
- Extract downloaded zip file (Photon-4G-OCR-2.0.zip) in your PC.
- Now, connect your Motorola Photon 4G to the computer through USB.
- Then run the run.bat file which is present within extracted folder (see Step 1) by double-clicking on it.
- A new application windows will appear. Now follow onscreen instruction to start rooting process.
- Once completed you will see a success message.
Congrats! Your Motorola Photon 4G is now rooted. You can now install apps that required root access as well as made changes in system files.