LG Optimus 3D P920 and the AT&T variant of the same LG Thrill 4G P925 can now be rooted easily using one click rooting method. LG Optimus 3D P920 runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and can be upgraded to Android 4.0 ICS. This affordable handset powered by a dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9, have PowerVR SGX540 GPU within it and feature 512MB of RAM. The hardware spec itself look pretty impressive. To utilize the power of this smartphone you have to root it. Rooted Android device allows you access system files that let you install applications that require Super user access. Rooted device also necessary to install custom ROMs. Usually rooting process looks little bit techy kind of work and most average user tend to avoid it due to the task it required despite its easiness.
However, if you are a LG Optimus 3D user, you can’t complain now. We are here with a one click tool that is less technical and more user friendly.
This guide below is compatible only and only with the LG Optimus 3D. It’s not tested with any other LG Optimus variant. Check your device model in Settings» About phone.
Rooting Information: Once your device is rooted, warranty will get void; However, you can reclaim the warranty by applying official firmware update.
To check if you successfully rooted your device or not install an app called “Root Checker” that available for download from Google PLAY store for free.
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of rooting LG Optimus 3D variant. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
- Make sure your device have at least 50% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for LG Optimus 3D in your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
If you followed all pre-requisites then you are ready to move on the very next stage of this tutorial which is how to root LG Optimus 3D.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- LG Optimus 3D Root tool For Windows System [Filename: megatron_windows.zip]
How to Root LG Optimus 3D
- Extract downloaded zip file (megatron_windows.zip) in your PC.
- Now, connect your LG Optimus 3D to the computer through USB and make sure mass storage is off.
- Then run the application called adb.exefirst. This will install adb in your computer.
- Once completed, double click on run.bat located in same extracted folder.
- Follow on screen instruction and you will see a success massage soon.
Congrats! Your LG Optimus 3D is now rooted. You can now install apps that required root access as well as made changes in system files.