In this page you will learn required steps to root Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 running Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware. The process is quite simple. First you need to download Root TAR file and ODIN zip. In later part of this article we will flash SuperSU with the help of stock recovery. Now follow the below mentioned guide to get root Galaxy Ace 2 I8160.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- Root TAR file For Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 [Filename: I8160XXLD8_ready_to_root_ANT.tar.zip]
- Odin3 v1.85
How to root Galaxy Ace 2
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v1.85.exe and Odin3.ini under extracted folder.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 phone in Download Mode by pressing pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v1.85.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective tabs:
- Click the PDA Tab, and select the I8160XXLD8_ready_to_root_ANT.tar.zip file that you get on step 1.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The phone will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo.
- Once smartphone is turned on, copy downloaded update_su.zip file to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any file.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. When Samsung logo appear release Power key but keep holding Volume Up and Home button. You will be soon in CWM recovery screen. In recovery, use Volume keys to highlight different option and Power button to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the update_su.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 10 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The root process will begin.
- When process is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone.
Congrats! Your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 running on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware is now rooted. You can now install apps that require root access.
Pages: 1 2