Rooted Android device (smartphone or tablet) allow you to access system files and folder that you can use for your own good. If rooted device comes with a SueperSU or Super User or SimpleSU app then you can even grant other apps to access your system files to achieve different task. There are many powerful apps that require root access, specially those apps that backup your data or help you to perform different system related task. A rooted device indeed offer you complete freedom of uses and complete control over your device.
Rooted device with custom recovery install even allow you to try custom ROMs, firmware, MODs and Themes. In this guide we will help you to root your device running Android OS.
To root your Android device we will use SuperOneClick utility. This utility can root almost any Android device. The tool designed to work on Windows system. Device specific tools are listed at the end of this post.
SuperOneClick Utility can root following devices:
Acer Liquid Metal, Dell Streak, HTC Magic (Sapphire) 32B, HTC Bee, HTC Droid Eris (HTC DesireC), T-Mobile Comet (Huawei Ideos U8150), LG Ally, LG Optimus 2x, LG Optimus V, Motorola Backflip, Motorola Charm, Motorola Cliq, Motorola Defy, Motorola Droid, Motorola Droid 2, Motorola Flipside, Motorola Flipout, Motorola Milestone, Motorola Milestone 2, Nexus One, Samsung Captivate, Samsung Galaxy 551 (GT-I5510), Samsung Galaxy Ace, Samsung Galaxy Portal/Spica I5700, Samsung Galaxy S 4G, Samsung Galaxy S I9000, Samsung Galaxy S SCH-I500, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Transform M920, Samsung Vibrant, Sony Ericsson Xperia E51i X8, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Sprint Hero, Telus Fascinate and Toshiba Folio 100.
The above mentioned models are officially tested on SuperOneClick root method. However, several report confirm that the utility can root many more devices other than listed above. So, if your device isn’t listed above you can still try this tool.
Neither we nor the developer responsible if your device damaged after using this utility. Try this at your own risk.
Remember: Rooting your Android device void its warranty. You can get back warranty by following related unroot method or by installing stock firmware.
File Required (Click on name to download it)
How To Root Android Device Using SuperOneClick Tool
- First of all you should already have USB driver installed for your device in your computer. If not then Download drivers from our Android USB Drivers page.
- Now turned on USB Debugging mode. If you don’t know how to turn it one then read our How To Turn On USB Debugging Guide.
- Now connect your Android device (smartphone or tablet) with your computer. Here, make sure NOT to mount the SD card.
- Now, run SuperOneClick software. Click on Root button to start the rooting process. Be Patience!
- A confirmation massage will arrive on SuperOneClick window about rooting.
That it! Your Android device is rooted now. You can now install apps that ask root access. To install CWM Recovery, follow our Universal guide to install ClockworkMod Recovery in any Android device.
If you unable to root your device using this tool then the following tool can help you out:
- HTC Quick Root–One Click Root/Unroot Any HTC Device
- Motofail2Go: Root Razr M, Atrix HD, Photon Q, Razr I & Razr HD
- Download All-In-One Toolkit For HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE
- Download Kindle Fire Utility To Root, install CWM Recovery on Kindle Fire
- Download Root Toolkit For Samsung Galaxy S III
- WugFresh Nexus Root Toolkit–One Click Nexus Root / Unroot Software
- Download Samsung Galaxy S3 Snapdragon Toolkit V1.0
- Easy Rooting Toolkit–Root Xperia Series And Other Android Device
- Universal Gingerbread Root & Unroot Method For Samsung Galaxy
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit–Root, CWM, Backup, Flash To Stock and More
To unlock your device bootloader follow below links:
*** SuperOneClick comes with Unroot button that’s help you to unroot your device if required. Apart from flashing stock firmware don’t use any unroot method other than what supplied with this tool else your device may malfunction or see permanent brick.