There are sometimes we really need to reset our Android handset for good reason. Sometime to improve performance and get back valuable space, sometime to bypass system security when we forget it. We can reset our handset two ways and in both ways your SD card data will be intact. Here is a small guide for you to perform both Soft Reset and Hard Reset in your phone:
This is easiest and can only completed when you have complete access in your handset functions. People usually go with soft reset to erase all phone data especially when selling their Android phone. Another reason of soft reset is, to improve performance. To complete a soft reset follow this path : Settings –> Privacy –> Factory Data Reset.
When the soft reset isn’t possible usually when you forget your unlock pattern, unlock PIN or unlock password. The hard reset want you to follow some specific instruction and the steps may vary device to device. The method we discuss here tried on Samsung S2 handset and executed successfully. If you have a different handset and hard reset method discuss here not work on your phone then you can always contact us. We will soon add more handset specific hard reset method at Best Android Tips.
Instruction to perform hard reset using key combinations
- Turn Off your mobile phone
- Take the battery out and put it back again.
- Now press Volume Up, Home and Power button simultaneously.
- Release the Power button when Samsung logo/ Manufacturer logo appear.
- A boot menu will come up in your screen. Use the Volume Up/Down keys to choose and Home to select.
- Navigate and select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
- Your phone will be rebooted and ready for use again.
After a hard reset you require to re-register your mobile phone. You require to sign in again with your gmail id. Let us know, how the process go for you. We love to help you if you find any problem.