In this page, we detailed step-by-step guide on how to install I9103XWLP8 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware on Samsung Galaxy R, model number I9103. The process is pretty simple. First you need to download I9103XWLP8 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware zip file and ODIN zip. Then, follow the below guide to get helpful instructions.
- You will lose installed custom ROM such as CM10, Paranoid Android or AOKP after flashing official firmware. Custom ROM will be replaced by official stock ROM.
- You will lose custom recovery such as ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery if you have any. Custom recovery will be replaced by stock recovery. We will soon write on how to install ClockworkMod recovery on Galaxy R I9103. [Try search box at top-right to get it]
- Your device no longer belongs to rooted device once you install this firmware. We will soon write on how to root Galaxy R I9103. [Try search box at top-right to get it]
- Though official firmware update usually not erase any system data but we advise you to follow our pre-requisites mentioned on previous page as precaution.
- This firmware released by Samsung and flashing of this won’t increase binary counter.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
How to update Galaxy R I9103 to XWLP8 Android 4.0.4 ICS Official Firmware
- Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded already from above link, you will get a .tar file and some other files.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your smartphone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy R I9103 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power button until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in phone screen. Wait few seconds and your phone will be in download mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy R I9103 with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files from I9103XWLP8 folder [see Step 1] in Odin at respective tabs:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, the phone will reboot automatically and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Galaxy R, model number I9103 should now run on Android 4.0.4 ICS build I9103XWLP8. Go to Settings > About phone to verify this firmware update.
If Galaxy R I9103 stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Let us know how the process go for you in comment below!
Pages: 1 2