CM10 for Motorola Photon 4G now available. Although, this is an unofficial build based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but it ported well and every known hardware feature working fine. This CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) ROM for Motorola Photon 4G is build by XDA Recognized Developer jokersax11.
This guide below is compatible only and only with the Motorola Photon 4G. It’s not compatible with any other Motorola device. Check your device model in Settings» About phone.
Note: This unofficial build of CM10 is in alpha stage and still under development. CM10 custom ROM let you enjoy Android 4.1 Jelly Bean features including smoother interface, advanced voice recognition and search functionality, better keyboard, improved and actionable notifications area. But, as this is a alpha version there are many thing not working yet, also you may find some bugs while using CM10 on your Motorola Photon 4G.
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing Motorola Photon 4G. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
File Required (Download by clicking on it)
- CM10 for Motorola Photon 4G[from official development page]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip]
- Superuser [Filename: Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip]
- Custom recovery [Filename: joker-recoveryv3.zip]
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Motorola Photon 4G in your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
- You should already have ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
- Your phone bootloader is unlocked.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move the next stage of this guide where you will learn how to flash CM10 for Motorola Photon 4G using easy step-by-step instruction.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |