You will be delighted to know that you can now update your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus WiFi P6210 to latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. However, Samsung yet to roll out any official Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware but the update is now possible with custom ROM CM10.1. Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus WiFi P6210 is pretty powerful tablet with a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and a 1GB of RAM inside. The tablet comes with Android 3.2 Honeycomb out of the box, recently received Android 4.0.4 ICS update and proposed to see an official Android 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update in future. The hardware of this tablet capable enough to run Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean smoothly. So, it’s time to utilize the hardware properly and install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based ROM CM10.1. You can ready through this article to know step-by-step process to download and install CM10.1 on your Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6210.
Few notable Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean features are multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature, miracast display and more.
Note: This CM10.1 is an Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based ROM, and is also an under development build which may contain bugs and issues. All issues will be resolved as development progress. CM10.1 ROM is known for hundreds of customization and special theme engine that stock ROM don’t offer.
- USB mounting of internal storage doesn’t work (and probably never will). The internal SD card is not a separate partition, and is mounted internally using FUSE. There is no way to mount that via USB at this time (not even in stock). Blame Google.
- HDMI out doesn’t work (no chance, sorry)
- IR Blaster doesn’t work (no chance, sorry)
- Playback of DivX / Xvid MPEG4 videos using the Android video player (MX Player or BS Player work fine though)
- Mounting removable SDcard as mass storage on the computer
This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, model number P6210. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About tablet. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android tablets]
- Backup your EFS Folder. [Guide]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus in your PC. [Download USB Driver]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
- Your device must have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move the next page of this guide where we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to flash Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6210.
Pages: 1 2