In this page you will learn how to flash Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10.1 on HTC Desire Z / T-Mobile HTC G2 / HTC Vision. The installation process is pretty simple. First download ROM zip and Google Apps zip, and then follow below mentioned guide as it is.
- Make sure you checked all per-requisites that we mentioned in last page.
- This may work with TWRP recovery or any other similar custom recovery but try that at your own risk. We using ClockworkMod recovery as per developer instruction.
- This is a custom firmware and neither Google nor HTC released it.
- Don’t try to skip any steps mentioned below as this may brick your device.
- Never skip Nandroid backup as it’s very helpful if this Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean CM10.1 ROM not work the way you want in your HTC Desire Z.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 ROM for HTC Desire Z [Filename: flinnycm101_vision_02.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip]
How to Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean CM10.1 ROM on HTC Desire Z / G2 / Vision
- Connect your HTC Desire Z to PC using USB cable.
- Copy downloaded zip file to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any file.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
- Boot into CWM recovery. Press down on the Trackball, hold Volume Down & the Power button until the device boots to the bootloader. Once in the bootloader, use Volume Down to select “recovery” and press the Power button to select. In recovery, use Volume keys to highlight different option and Power button to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Then perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is completed.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the flinnycm101_vision_02.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.1 ROM. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based custom firmware CM10.1 now installed and running on your HTC Desire Z. Share your Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean experience with us in comment.
Pages: 1 2