In this page you will learn how to flash Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based CM10.1 custom firmware on Galaxy 5 I5500. The installation process is pretty simple. First download CM10.1 ROM zip and Google Apps zip, and then follow below mentioned guide as it is.
- Make sure you checked all pre-requisites that we mentioned in last page.
- This may work with TWRP recovery or any other similar custom recovery but try that at your own risk. We using ClockworkMod recovery as most people have it.
- This is a custom firmware and neither Google nor Samsung released it.
- Don’t try to skip any steps mentioned below as this may brick your device.
- Never skip Nandroid backup as it’s very helpful if this Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10.1 not work the way you want in your Galaxy 5 I5500.
- Give the ROM 5 min after first boot to settle things.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- CM10.1 for Galaxy 5 I5500 [Filename: cm-10.1-20130106-MADTEAM-galaxy5.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb42-20121221-KonstaKANG.zip]
How to Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean CM10.1 ROM on Galaxy 5 I5500
- Connect your Galaxy 5 I5500 to PC using USB cable.
- Copy downloaded zip file to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any file.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode. You can use this standard guide. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Then perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is completed.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-10.1-20130106-MADTEAM-galaxy5.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Home button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-jb42-20121221-KonstaKANG.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 ROM. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based CM10.1 ROM now installed and running on your Galaxy 5 I5500. Share your Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean experience with us in comment. [Developed by psyke83]
Pages: 1 2