ClockworkMod recovery recently updated to version 6.0 that brought cool new features including 4-5x faster ROM backups, Smaller and incremental backups when you backup the existing ROM again. Good news is the ClockworkMod recovery v6.0, a tool widely known for flashing custom ROMs on Android devices, is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
The following guide will help you to flash ClockworkMod 6.0 recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure. Also note, this guide is only for international version of Samsung Galaxy S3 and not compatible with the US variants or other devices.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
File Required (Download by clicking on it)
- Download Kies [not required if you already have Galaxy S3 driver installed in your PC]
- CWM recovery file [File Name: recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-i9300.tar]
- Odin3 v3.04 [File Name: Odin3_v3.04.zip]
Guide to Install ClockworkMod recovery v6.0 on Galaxy S3
- Extract Odin3_v3.04.zip that you downloaded earlier into a folder in your computer.
- Turn of your Galaxy S3 then and wait till it shut down completely.
- Now put your phone in download mode by pressing Volume Down, Home and Power keys simultaneously till the screen turn on. Now press Volume Up to enter into download mode.
- Run Odin by double clicking on Odin3 v3.04.exe located on the extracted folder that created on Step 1.
- Connect your smartphone with your PC now using stock USB cable. A massage will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” massage in Odin then you are ready to go in next step.
- Click on PDA button in Odin and then navigate and select the recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-i9300.tar file that you downloaded earlier. Don’t change anything in Odin screen and make sure Re-Partition check box is not selected.
- You are now ready to flash ClockworkMod recovery v6.0. Just click on Start button and then the flashing will start. Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The phone will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
If you stuck into Odin then close Odin, disconnect the phone, remove battery and then reinsert it after few seconds. Then follow the guide again from step 3.
To try out ClockworkMod recovery 6.0 in your Galaxy S3, first turn off the device and then press and hold Home, Volume Up and Power keys together about 5 second and you will then boot into CWM recovery 6.0 which is touchscreen friendly. You can also navigate through CWM recovery option using Volume Up and Down key and select an option using home/power button.
Let us know, how the process go for you and how it work in comment.