In previous page you learn what to do before doing Jelly Bean updates; now, in this page you will learn how to upgrade your Galaxy R I9103 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM LiquidSmooth ROM. The installation process is pretty simple. First download LiquidSmooth ROM zip and Google Apps zip and then follow below mentioned guide as it is.
- Make sure you checked all pre-requisites that we mentioned in last page.
- This may work with TWRP recovery or any other similar custom recovery but try that at your own risk. We using ClockworkMod recovery as per developer instruction.
- This is a custom firmware and neither Google nor Samsung released it.
- Don’t try to skip any steps mentioned below as this may brick your device.
- Never skip Nandroid backup as it’s very helpful if this Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM LiquidSmooth not work the way you want in your Galaxy R I9103.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- LiquidSmooth 4.1.2 JB ROM for Galaxy R I9103 [Filename: CMLiquid-JB-20121124-RC9.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip]
How to Install LiquidSmooth ROM 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Galaxy R I9103
- First, connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
- Now, copy downloaded zip files to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your smartphone (wait for complete shutdown).
- Then, boot into ClockworkMod recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together until the Samsung logo comes up, leave all three buttons for half a second and hold them again. You will see ClockworkMod recovery screen soon. Use Volume keys to browse between options in recovery while Power key to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- It’s not required but recommended to perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Perform a data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Select Format /System (This does not affect your Internal/External storage) under mounts and storage and then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the CMLiquid-JB-20121124-RC9.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button (tap on it if using touch version). Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose the gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- When all done, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot Samsung Galaxy R, model number I9103 and boot up into LiquidSmooth ROM Jelly Bean ROM. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
You should now have LiquidSmooth ROM custom ROM that based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean installed on your Samsung Galaxy R I9103. Share you LiquidSmooth ROM 4.1.2 Jelly Bean experience in comment.
Pages: 1 2