Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G that also known as Samsung T759 and Samsung Hawk For T-Mobile, don’t receive much attention from developer. The device exhibit a 1 GHz Cortex-A8 processor and 512MB of RAM but running on quite old Android 2.3 Gingerbread. So, if you want to update your experience to the newer Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean then it’s possible now by installing custom firmware.
Paranoid Android, the well known hybrid ROM in Android ecosystem, now available for Galaxy Exhibit 4G. The Paranoid Android v2.99 is based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, thus flashing this ROM will upgrade your device to a newer Android version. However, as expected there is few thing yet to work properly in this early release. All issues expected to be solve as development progress.
- Camera (with some minor annoyances)
- Wi-Fi and USB tethering
- Jocala’s swapSD included
- Dim Behind Notification Pulldown
What isn’t Working:
- For some reason it may hang at final boot with animation frozen just hold power to shut down and turn back on.
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Exhibit 4G, model number T759. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G in your PC. [USB Driver].
- Backup your EFS Folder. [Guide]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide].
- Your device is rooted [Guide] and have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move in the next page of this guide where we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based Paranoid Android custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G.
Pages: 1 2