If you yet to see Android 4.1.1 update in your Galaxy Nexus device then you most probably runs on Yakjuxw build. Check your build version by installing Android System Info app from Google Play store for free. For your understanding for non-yakju builds, your updates will probably come from Samsung since non-yakju builds are region and/or carrier specific and thus are supported by Samsung. Where, for yakju build, your updates will come from Google. That mean, if your device running on Yakju build you will see OTA updates faster than Yakjuxw build Galaxy Nexus.
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of flashing Galaxy Nexus Yakjuxw to Yakju . It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
File Required (Download by clicking on it)
Guide to Flash Galaxy Nexus Yakjuxw to Yakju to get OTA 4.1.1
- Run USB driver app in Windows. If you already have an older Galaxy Nexus driver installed then remove that first. Once you install new USB driver for Galaxy Nexus, restart your Windows.
- Now, unzip firmware zip file and then double click on executable set up file to run firmware app in Windows.
- Turn off your Galaxy Nexus.
- Boot into download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power button together for few seconds.
- Now, connect your phone to your Windows computer using USB cable.
- Once the device is found in the firmware app, click start!
The Yaskju update will be flash on your Galaxy Nexus. Wait for finish and your are done. Your Galaxy Nexus should now run on yakju with latest Google ITL41F.