In this page we will help you to understand necessary steps that help you to install CWM recovery v220.127.116.11 on your Galaxy S4 I9500 first and then using recovery how to root it. To perform this task you first required to download following files and then follow below mentioned guide as it is.
- This is a custom file and flashing this will increase the flash counter. For now Triangle Away app is not working on Galaxy S4 I9500. Once the app start supporting Galaxy S4 I9500, you can reset flash counter and get back your warranty easily.
- To run ODIN as Administrator you should right click on .exe file then click on ‘Run as administrator’ from context menu. Windows XP or lower don’t require this.
- If you see “MD5 hash value is invalid” in Odin message box then you need to re-download the file.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
How To Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S4 I9500 and Root The Phone
- Extract downloaded zip file and you will get a cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar file.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy S4 I9500 phone in Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home (center) button simultaneously and then long press the Power button till you see a screen that prompts you to press the Volume Up key to continue.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select extracted file in Odin at respective button to perform flashing:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar file here.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Galaxy S4, model number I9500 should now have ClockworkMod recovery v18.104.22.168. Now it’s time to root the device. The process is simple, just follow the below steps.
Step 1: Boot Galaxy S4 in recovery mode. To do so, first turn of the smartphone and then press and hold the Volume Up and Home (center) buttons and then long press the Power button and soon you see the recovery options.
Step 2: In recovery find and select ROOT YOUR PHONE option. [You can use Volume keys to browse between recovery options and Home button to select and option]
Checkout this complete video tutorial made by ashwin 123:
Restart your Galaxy S4 I9500 and you should see SuperSU app on app drawer. You can now install apps that require root access. To verify your device is rooted or not follow this guide: How To Verify Android Device is Rooted or Not.
Pages: 1 2