A latest leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S3 I9300 which is I9300XXUFME3 is now available for download. We also added a manual installation guide for those who are new into it. XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is the very first leak firmware for Galaxy S3. Though this firmware isn’t officially announced but work like just other official firmware. Comes with so many new features that you can enjoy. We listed few key features of XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 I9300 in later part of this article. As this isn’t an official release, you won’t get the firmware from Kies or OTA, however you can always follow our tutorial to manually update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware using third party utility called Odin. All you have to do download the firmware and then flash the firmware using Odin. Please note, this is ODIN flashable firmware and not CWM recovery flashable. You can always root XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean using proper root method later. It’s always advisable to update device to latest available firmware version. Official firmware is also good option to unroot Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 or unbrick Galaxy S3 I9300 if brick happen because of software issue.
In this article we will guide you to install I9300XXUFME3 official firmware update in Samsung Galaxy S3, model number I9300. For this, we will use a tool called ODIN that will help us to flash the stock 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware in Galaxy S3 I9300. However, in this process you may lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. You should follow this guide carefully to properly backup your data that you can restore later.
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
So, those waiting for Galaxy S4 like features on Galaxy S3 can try this leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. As this is a leaked firmware, not all features are probably there but it indicate where development is going.
Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Firmware Details:
Date: 8 May 2013
This tutorial is only for Galaxy S3, model number I9300. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp Messenger – Manually Backup WhatsApp Messenger Data.
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- Backup your EFS Folder to save IMEI number and other important data. [Guide]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy S3 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile. [Guide]
- This installation guide use ODIN utility which work only in Windows OS. If you use Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) or Mac OS then use CrossOver Utility to run ODIN in your OS.
If you follow everything that we mentioned above, you are ready to move into next page of this guide where we summed up detail instruction on how to flash Jelly Bean XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 official firmware update for Galaxy S3 I9300.
Pages: 1 2