An unofficial build of CWM Touch Recovery is now available for HTC Desire C. The build is developed by XDA Senior Member mmmcfc and is in beta stage. For your note HTC Desire C is now available through both Rogers and Fido in Canada. Both offering HTC Desire C for $200 (no contract).
This guide below is compatible only with the HTC Desire C. Check your device model in Settings» About phone.
Note: CWM Recovery is a famous recovery developed by Koush; it’s an alternative of stock recovery with more advance option. The recovery mostly used for flashing custom ROMs and MODs.
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing CWM recovery on HTC Desire C. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using the following instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
File Required (Download by clicking on it)
- CWM Touch Recover Beta [Filename: recovery-beta2.img]
- Fastboot [Filename: Fastboot.zip]
- ES File Explorer File Manager [Optional][Install it]
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for HTC Desire C.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide]
- Make sure the bootloader on your HTC Desire C is unlocked if using retail version. You can unlock it using HTCdev.
- You should already installed ADB in your computer. [Guide]
- A rooted HTC Desire C [Optional] [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move the next page of this guide where you will learn how to install CWM touch recovery on HTC Desire C.
Pages: 1 2