In this page you will learn how to flash Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10 on Galaxy SL I9003. The installation process is pretty simple. First download ROM zip and Google Apps zip and then follow below mentioned guide as it is.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- Android 4.1.2 CM10 ROM for Galaxy SL I9003 [Filename: CM10-GalaxySL-JZO54K-Alpha3.zip]
- Gapps [Filename: gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip]
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CM10 ROM on Galaxy SL I9003
- Connect your Galaxy SL I9003 to PC using USB cable.
- Copy downloaded zip file to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any file.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. When Samsung logo appear release Power key but keep holding Volume Up and Home button. You will be soon in CWM recovery screen. In recovery, use Volume keys to highlight different option and Power button to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Then perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is completed.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the CM10-GalaxySL-JZO54K-Alpha3.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized Android 4.1.2 ROM. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based custom firmware CM10 now installed and running on your Galaxy SL I9003. Share your Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean experience with us in comment.
Pages: 1 2