In this page we have put together a details step-by-step guide on how to flash custom ROM CM10.1 on LG Nitro HD P930 (AT&T). You first required to download CM10.1 ROM file and GApps file. Then follow the below mentioned procedure to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10.1 in your LG Nitro HD P930.
- Make sure you checked all pre-requisites that we mentioned in last page.
- This may work with TWRP Recovery or any other similar custom recovery. We using ClockworkMod Recovery as most user have it.
- This is a custom firmware and neither Google nor LG released it.
- Don’t try to skip any steps mentioned below as this may brick your device.
- Never skip Nandroid backup as it’s very helpful if this Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10.1 not work the way you want in your LG Nitro HD P930.
- If you stuck on boot or experiencing boot loop then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache few more times before rebooting.
- Give the ROM at least 5 min after first boot to settle everything for you.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- CM10.1 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For LG Nitro HD P930 [Filename: cm-10.1-20130219-NIGHTLY-p930.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip]
How to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based CM10.1 ROM on LG Nitro HD P930
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
- Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power button together to boot into Recovery mode [use volume buttons to scroll and Power button to select]. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-10.1-20130219-NIGHTLY-p930.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose the gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM CM10.1. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM CM10.1 is now installed and running on your LG Nitro HD P930 (AT&T). Share you customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean experience in comment.
Pages: 1 2