ClockworkMod recovery is a custom recovery option and one the famous alternative of built in recovery. ClockworkMod recovery version 184.108.40.206 is now available for Galaxy Tab 8.9. The version is shared by XDA Recognized Developer alterbridge86 and as there is no mention of specific variant, means you can use it in any variant of Galaxy Tab 8.9.
This guide below is compatible only and only with the Galaxy Tab 8.9.
If you don’t know then CWM recovery let you create and restore nandroid (ROM) backup, allow you to flash custom ROMs and feature advance functions that built-in recovery don’t come with.
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing Galaxy Tab 8.9. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move the next page of this guide where you will learn how to flash CWM recovery for Galaxy Tab 8.9.
File Required (Download by clicking on it)
How to Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Tab 8.9
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v1.85.exe and Odin3.ini under extracted folder.
- Power off your tablet. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablet in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button together until you’re asked if you want to continue what you confirm by pressing Volume Up button. It will then boot into download mode.
- Now run Odin3 v1.85.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy Tab 8.9 with your PC using USB cable. A massage will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” massage in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Now click on PDA tab and select ClockworkMod_Recovery_v220.127.116.11.tar file.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 6 & Step 7 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The tablet will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! You now have CWM recovery installed in you Galaxy Tab 8.9 device. You can boot into CWM recovery by first switching off the tablet, then holding the right volume key and pressing power until it vibrates. Don’t forget to visit official development page for latest updates and information.
Let us know how the process go for you in comment below!