Galaxy Nexus I515 that available on Verizon now received latest AOKP custom ROM Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean build. Although AOKP too late to released an Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean build but nevertheless we at last have much awaited JB-MR1 Build 1 of AOKP which developed using Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean as base. Hence by installing AOKP JB-MR1 Build 1 ROM you able to upgrade your Galaxy Nexus I515 to very latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware. For your information, Galaxy Nexus I515 comes with dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 processor and 1GB of RAM which mean it should be able to run Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean smoothly. Continue reading this article to learn necessary steps to update your Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based custom ROM AOKP JB-MR1 Build 1.
Few notable Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean features are multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature, miracast display and more.
Note: This AOKP JB-MR1 Build 1 based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean is still under development and may contain bugs and issues. All issues will be resolved as development progress. The AOKP ROM known for low file size and fast speedy nature.
AOKP Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean JB-MR1 Build 1 Features:
- General UI
- Custom boot animation
- Custom carrier label
- Notification background
- Statusbar brightness slider
- Recents RAM Bar & Kill All button
- Power menu options
- Customizable text color
- Volume wake & music controls
- Allow any kind & unlimited number of widgets (new)
- Navigation Bar
- Fully customizable NavBar (buttons, color, transparency, widgets, etc.)
- Menu arrow keys while typing (new)
- Customizable NavBar Ring
- Battery indicator styles
- Clock styles
- Signal styles
- Statusbar transparency (new)
- Customizable Statusbar Toggles (new, based on Google’s tiles)
- LED Control
- Custom Vibrations
- Sound Settings
- Less frequent notification sounds
- Headphone action
- BT connect action
- Flip action
- Quiet Hours (CM)
- Disable safe headset volume warning (new)
- Themes support (multi-user support still buggy, use at your own risk)
- NFC Polling modes
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Nexus, model number I9250. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I515 in your PC. [USB Driver].
- Backup your EFS Folder. [Guide]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide].
- Your device have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move in the next page of this guide where we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based AOKP JB-MR1 Build 1 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Nexus I515.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |