Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean update now possible for Motorola XOOM MZ604, however not with official firmware but custom firmware. It’s also official that Motorola Xoom MZ604 will never see an Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean update. However, that official note never going to prevent you enjoying the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS right on your Xoom MZ604. XDA member dreamcwli introduce Android 4.2.1 based AOSP ROM which the developer call My Android 4.2.1 ROM.
Few notable Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean features are multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature, miracast display and more.
- Gesture typing
- USB OTG support
- root access
- Advanced quick settings (click to switch and long click to settings)
- Advanced power menu
- OTA update
- Charging light (display settings)
- Dynamically switching between phone and tablet UI (developer options)
- CPU overclocking (developer options)
This tutorial is only for Motorola Xoom, model number MZ604. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About tablet. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android tablets]
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Motorola XOOM MZ604 in your PC. [USB Driver].
- Unlock Bootloader. [visit motodev]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. [Guide].
- Your device is rooted [Guide] and have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move in the next page of this guide where we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom AOSP ROM on Motorola XOOM MZ604.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |