If you are looking for a latest official firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 (International LTE), the you are on right place. Here you can get the XXUDMH6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update released by Samsung for the month of September. Till then we covered many official firmware update for Galaxy S4 I9505 as the latest builds considered as the more secure and bug fixes than previous. The I9505XXUDMH6 firmware can be installed using both officially recommended process or manually on Galaxy S4 I9505. To update in official way, connect your device with computer and download the firmware through official Samsung Kies utility or download the update from system inbuilt OTA update feature from Settings>>About Phone>>Software Update. But if you prefer a manual way, then you need to download Android 4.2.2 XXUDMH6 Jelly Bean firmware manually from below link and then flash it on Galaxy S4 I9505 using our manual update instruction that we added below.
Galaxy S4 I9505 Rooting Tutorial: If you want to root your Galaxy S4 I9505 running on this latest Jelly Bean firmware then you can always follow this article for necessary instruction: Root XXUDMH6 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S4 I9505 Official Firmware. If you are confused whether to go for root or not then you should read: Benefits of Rooting Android devices.
Before installing I9505XXUDMH6 official firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4, model number GT-I9505 manually, you should follow all the required instruction and backup guide as mentioned below. To manually flash the firmware on Galaxy S4 I9505 we will use a tool called ODIN and you may lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. So, it is recommended to backup all your personal data and settings so that you can restore all later.
Android 4.2.2 XXUDMH6 Firmware Details:
Date: September, 2013
Region: Montenegro, Slovenia, Greece
This tutorial is only for Galaxy S4, model number I9505. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup Galaxy S4 I9505 Data & Settings:
Although installing official firmware automatically restore your previous phone data if your device in running on official firmware prior to flashing this firmware, however accident may happen. That’s why We always recommend you to backup your phone data and setting before following manual firmware installation guide, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp Messenger – Manually Backup WhatsApp Messenger Data.
Note: You can always backup your device data using Kies but we recommend you to backup data manually, so that if situation demand then you can easily transfer your data to any other manufacturer Android powered device such as HTC One or Xperia Z. If you have custom recovery installed such as TWRP Recovery or CWM Recovery then use its backup feature which is better than any other backup we mentioned already as this backup create an image of whole system.
Download Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 USB Drivers
You need to connect your Galaxy S4 I9505 to computer so that Odin can access it. However, it won’t be possible until you have proper driver installed. Technically, after you connect your device to Windows PC for first time, it will download and install the required driver but if it don’t then download it from below link.
Few More Important Tips!
- Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation. [How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Device]
- Backup your EFS Folder to save IMEI number and other important data (only applicable for rooted device). [Guide]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile. [Guide]
- This installation guide use ODIN utility which work only in Windows OS. If you use Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) or Mac OS then use CrossOver Utility to run ODIN in your OS.
So, backup process done, now download Firmware Zip file and ODIN Zip file and follow the step by step tutorial on how to update Galaxy S4 I9505 to XXUDMH6 Android 4.2.2 official firmware.
1. This firmware released by Samsung and flashing of this won’t increase binary counter.
2. Extract downloaded archive only once and not twice. If extracted zip don’t contain any modem, csc or pit file that actually means you don’t require it. The only must have file for a firmware flashing is that file with .tar.md5 extension which should be flashed through PDA section.
3. To run ODIN as Administrator you should right click on .exe file then click on ‘Run as administrator’ from context menu. Windows XP or lower don’t require this.
4. If you see “MD5 hash value is invalid” in Odin message box then you need to re-download the firmware.
Now you have learned every necessary details that we should know before installing official XXUDMH6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy S4 I9505. So, move to tutorial part now:
Last 3 Official Firmware for Galaxy S4 I9505:
- Update Galaxy S4 I9505 To XXUBMG5 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Latest Official Firmware [July Update]
- Update Galaxy S4 I9505 To XXUBMEA Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware [All Countries]
- How to Install XXUBMF4 Android 4.2.2 Latest Official Firmware for Galaxy S4 I9505
Last 3 Custom ROM for Galaxy S4 I9505:
Sorry! We yet to cover Any.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
How to Update Galaxy S4 I9505 to I9505XXUDMH6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded already from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy S4 I9505 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode. [You may require to press Volume Up to enter into download mode in green Robot screen]
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy S4 I9505 with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective buttons from extracted I9505XXUDMH6 firmware folder :
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar.md5 file here (Required)
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Optional)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Optional)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file (Optional)
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Galaxy S4, model number I9505 should now run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean build XXUDMH6. Go to Settings > About phone to verify this firmware update.
Fix BootLoop Issue on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505:
If Galaxy S4 I9505 stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Let us know how the process go for you in comment below!